RETURN TO PLACE NAME B INDEX

23.8.2006

BITTERNE PARK

Stone plaque on wall in the Church of the Asscension (built 1924) originally in St Lawrence's Church.

To the greater glory of God
and in grateful memory of the boys of St Laurence Church Southampton
who gave their lives for King and Country
in the Great War 1914-1918

A. Burden
L.S. Dixon
A.A. Dixon
W. Dack
H.H. Ebborn
L.G. Ford
G.H. Fuidge

T. Gregory
W.C. Holdaway
W.J. Hopkins
F. Peacock
W. Turner
E.L.L. Wilcox
L.A. Wilcox

The cross and candlesticks on the altar
of this chapel were given by members of the
St Laurence choir and friends